Are you interested in baroque or classical music?
Do you enjoy talking with fellow music lovers?
Do you want to give back to your community?
The Washington Bach Consort is looking for motivated and enthusiastic volunteers for our 2022–2023 45th Anniversary concert season.
Spend time with the Consort
Since we offer many different types of opportunities for our volunteers—time commitments can range anywhere from 2–6 hours for office or concert duties or 24 hours–3 days for musician housing. All positions report to the Patron Services Manager and Volunteer Coordinator. For a list of our upcoming performances click here.
- Usher -The Volunteer Usher will work closely with patrons and direct them to their seats at Washington Bach Consort performances. There will be three types of volunteer ushers. Patrons will first encounter volunteer ushers that will act as greeters, helping direct patrons to the elevator, stairs, restrooms, venue and box office. Another type of volunteer usher will admit attendees courteously using ticket scanners to scan their tickets. These ushers will then direct the patron to our seat ushers, who will use customer’s tickets to direct them to their correct seat location.
- Box Office – The Box Office will work closely with guests to provide a positive initial experience at Washington Bach Consort performances. The volunteer will greet attendees courteously and provide quick access tickets by selling and printing tickets or passing out will-call tickets to pre-purchased ticket holders.
- Bach Boutique Seller – Bach Boutique volunteers will sell merchandise, drinks and snacks provided at the concerts. The usher will be responsible for collecting and processing cash and credit card payments.
- Host an out-of-town musician – WBC seeks hosts to house out-of-town musicians to reduce high hotel costs. When hosts are able to house a musician, more money can be redirected into programming and other operations.
- Assist in our office – Administrative Volunteers will provide office assistance as needed to the staff of the Consort. Volunteer tasks vary depending on the needs of each season, but generally include preparing letters and documents for mailing, organizing office materials, and other general administrative tasks.
Receive the Following Benefits
- Join a community of passionate music lovers
- Help preserve and promote the music of J.S. Bach and his contemporaries
- Free admission when volunteering at a performance
- Invitation to the “Season Kick-off” Celebration
- Invitations to dress rehearsals
- 20% off additional guest tickets to any performance
- Additional complimentary tickets when available
- Invitation to additional Bach Consort events whenever possible
- Swag Bag
- Attend volunteer training session
- Polite and efficient customer service skills
- Able to keep calm under pressure
For more information contact call us at 202.429.2121 or email the Patron Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org