Charitable IRA Rollover
If you are 70 ½ years or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit the Washington Bach Consort and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money.
This law no longer has an expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts to the Bach Consort this year as well as each year in the future.
THESE GIFTS INCLUDE
Benefits to you:
- A charitable IRA rollover makes it easier to use IRA assets during your lifetime to make charitable gifts.
- You may avoid taxes on transfers up to $100,000 from your IRA to the Bach Consort.
- You can satisfy your required minimum distribution for the year.
- You can reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
- You will become a member of the 1685 Society.
- You can support the Consort’s critical work of bringing the music of J.S. Bach and his Baroque contemporaries throughout DC.
How it works:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to authorize a transfer from your IRA to the Washington Bach Consort.
- Notify the Consort that the transfer has been authorized.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the Bach Consort.
- The Consort will receive your gift directly from the IRA plan administrator, and will notify and thank you for your generous gift.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
To stay current on the law, please visit this page.
Please contact us if you have any questions!
With a donation of $100 or more, you will join our Consort Circles, a recognition group for supporters of our artistic and educational programs, and receive the following benefits as an expression of our thanks.