Individual Engagement Director
Overview of Position
The Washington Bach Consort is looking for a skilled and dynamic Individual Engagement Director (IED). The IED is responsible for developing and managing relationships with individual donors, with a focus on those who have made gifts or have the capacity to give between $5,000 and $150,000 annually. The IED will plan, coordinate, and implement donor engagement strategies to connect with and solicit individuals. This position will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with the Board, Development and Communications teams.
In addition to cultivating and stewarding current donor relationships, the IED is responsible for actively identifying and developing ties with new high-net-worth donors and prospects. The IED will also develop and plan cultivation events and exclusive donor engagement opportunities to strengthen ties with donors and prospects.
- Initiate and cultivate one-to-one relationships with donors and prospects that enhance their connection and lifetime loyalty to the Bach Consort
- Manage and build a portfolio of 75+ active and prospective individual donors for annual and multi-year gifts
- Support an annual portfolio goal of at least $500,000 in contributed revenue
- Achieve monthly targets on donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities and keep accurate engagement records
- Secure new or increased gifts for the Bach Consort’s annual campaign and longer-term initiatives
- Design highly customized donor engagement plans for donors in collaboration with the Development department and Bach Consort board members and volunteers.
- Develop a donor pipeline that leverages resources and compliments a variety of donor strengths and opportunities using prospecting, cultivating, soliciting, and strategic planning to engage donors
- Support and modify the personalized donor recognition program
- Integrate planned giving options into donor development activities
- Maintain and capture critical donor information utilizing the Bach Consort’s donor relations management (CRM) system, Patron Manager
- Assist in new prospect research and identification
- Participate in the development and implementation of segment strategies as required for one-to-one donor relationship building
- Work collaboratively with the Development team, including board members and Consort staff, to develop realistic and attainable budget projections related to individual contributed revenue goals
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or CFRE is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience
- Proven track record of personally cultivating and successfully closing five and six figure contributions from individual donors.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines independently and to work effectively and cross-functionally with Bach Consort stakeholders and external constituents
- Cultural competency and a track record of working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds; commitment to participating in both individual and organizational work on diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression
- Able to exercise initiative, good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision making
- Proficient with GSuite, project management tools, and donor databases, and quick to learn new technology and tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and interest in, the performing arts is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Collaborative team player
- Comfortable taking the initiative and “managing up” to move tasks forward
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising. Good judgment, moxie, patience, and a sense of humor
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends outside of regular business hours at performances, fundraising events, conferences, and one-to-one meetings with donors
Compensation from $89,000 to $101,000, commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and desire to fill this position: info (at) bachconsort.org with “Individual Engagement” in subject before February 12.
We encourage early applications, as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please. The Bach Consort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.