The Washington Bach Consort, one of the nation’s premiere baroque chorus and orchestras, is committed to the study and performance of the works of J.S. Bach and his contemporaries, seeks a fall intern for the start of the 2021 season (September through December).
The position is located primarily at our main offices in downtown Washington, DC, however, occasional rehearsals and performances take place in venues throughout DC as well as Northern Virginia.
The Fall Intern will work closely with staff and patrons to prepare and execute Washington Bach Consort performances. Depending on the candidate’s skillset, interests, and availability, the intern will assist with marketing, operations, development and general office support.
- Weekly hours are flexible and dependent on the candidate’s availability. General office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and performances are held approximately three times per month on Friday – Sunday afternoons/evenings.
- The Consort is primarily looking for assistance with upcoming performances during September through early December, start date would ideally be early September.
- Over 18 years of age
- Polite and efficient customer service skills
- Willingness to provide support on a variety of different tasks
Duties (Depending on Candidate’s Availability and Interest):
- Front-of-house duties (ticketing, greeting, ushering etc.)
- September 2021
- October 2021
- November 2021
- December 2021
- Administrative assistance in the office for fundraising appeals and other development campaigns, including printing/folding letters, stuffing envelopes, and completing mailings.
- Social Media research and implementation.
- Grassroots marketing including canvassing of flyers or postcards at various locations in D.C.
- Stewarding DCPS students and faculty during educational performances:
- Dates: TBD
- Back-of-house duties (operations, stage management assistance) for Noontime Cantata Series, Director Series, and Bach to School Series performances
- Dates: TBD
- Potential for administrative duties that fit with intern’s abilities
- Join a community of passionate music lovers
- Help preserve and promote the music of J.S. Bach and his contemporaries
- Attend Consort performances free of charge
- Credit hours may be available
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and desire to fill this position: info (at) bachconsort.org with “Fall Intern” in subject. We encourage early applications, as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please. The Bach Consort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.