Overview of Position
The Washington Bach Consort, one of the nation’s premiere baroque chorus and orchestras, committed to the study and performance of the works of J. S. Bach and his contemporaries, seeks an Artistic Administrator.
The Artistic Administrator coordinates all annual concert season events and serves as a liaison between the Consort’s musicians and the artistic and administrative staff. They report to the Artistic Director and Executive Director as needed. The position requires a strategic, practical thinker who can work both independently and as part of a small team.
- Ensure that the scheduling and production of all concert season events (performances, rehearsals, special events) run smoothly, effectively, and in a financially responsible manner.
- Plan rehearsal and concert production logistics; attend all performances and rehearsals.
- Stage manage dress rehearsals and performances.
- Manage the contracting of musicians and maintain/archive all associated records.
- When assisting with the planning of future seasons (and the management of concurrent seasons), develop and monitor budgets for all production and related activities in consultation with ED, AD and Artistic Committee.
- Prepare and maintain payroll, records, and scheduling for musicians.
- Obtain and organize all music needed for performances and supply it to musicians 30 days in advance of first rehearsal.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements with all venues, contractors, and musicians.
- Assist in planning and managing special event programs.
- Promote positive relations between WBC’s musicians and artistic and administrative staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Highly skilled with Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and other IT platforms and applications
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken, and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop, manage budgets and multiple projects simultaneously
- Background in orchestral and choral music desirable
Compensation $40,000 to $48,000 based on experience. Approximately 4 days/ 28 hours per week, more during performance weeks. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and desire to fill this position: info (at) bachconsort.org with “Artistic Administrator” in subject before March 23.
We encourage early applications, as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please. The Bach Consort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.