Patron Services Associate
Overview of Position
The Washington Bach Consort, the nation’s premiere baroque orchestra committed to the study and performance of the complete works of Johann Sebastian Bach and his contemporaries, seeks a full time Patron Services Associate to join our growing team.
Now in our 43rd season, the Consort has made great strides in just the last few years including appointing new Artistic Director, Dr. Dana Marsh, moving to a beautiful new office at Metro Center, increasing staff size, completing a successful fund raising campaign, and continuing to grow our award winning artistic and educational programs.
Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the Patron Services Associate requires a tech-savvy and customer service-oriented professional with a great phone manner and strong written communication skills.
The Patron Services Associate administers the Consort’s box office and ticketing functions and serves as the primary point of contact for subscribers, single ticket buyers, and guests attending the Consort’s performances and events to ensure a positive patron experience at every event. Additionally, the position is responsible for coordinating logistics at events.
- Process all subscriber and single ticket sales received by phone, mail and online;
- Enter financial transactions into PatronManager, including tickets, subscriptions, donations, earned revenue, etc.;
- Generate dashboards and reports for reconciliation between Development and Accounting staff, as well as ticket and subscription sales.
- Maintain box office supplies/equipment and merchandise as necessary;
- Lead collaboration with all performance venues;
- Maintain PatronManager database with updated contact information and activities; generate mailing lists as requested by the Director of External Affairs;
- Run front-of house for concerts, education programs and events. Create systems, maintain checklists, transport and set up box office, concessions, and merchandise;
- Lead on-site box office for day-of ticket/concessions/merchandise sales at all performances and coordinate day-of volunteer recruitment/support as necessary;
- Oversee day of event volunteer staff;
- Under direction of the Director of External Affairs, manage annual subscription campaign communications, retarget patrons, identify potential new audiences with a combination of grassroots and digital marketing, coordinate communications for group sales among churches, residential facilities and other organizations;
- Create concert program books with attention to seasonal and programmatic themes using Microsoft Publisher, Adobe InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop or other design software.
- Provide unique, fresh and organic content for social media and website to enhance SEO and expand audiences including videos, memes, gifs
Other Duties, as assigned:
- Provide exemplary customer service to Consort donors and patrons via phone and email correspondence;
- Cross-train with the Development Coordinator to provide back-up development duties;
- Additional administrative functions, clerical assistance, helping to prepare mailings, maintain office supplies, and coordinate
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years’ experience with patrons and/or donors in a ticketing, box office, fundraising, or sales environment is helpful, but not required;
- A background in classical music or performing arts organizations also helpful;
- Knowledge of CRM software (PatronManager/SalesForce experience) is preferred;
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is preferred;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is helpful
- Experience managing budgets and financial transactions;
- Excellent written communication skills, with copy editing experience preferred;
- Must be deadline- and detail-oriented, with friendly phone manner and excellent customer service skills;
- Has the ability to lift up to 25 pounds;
- Has a driver’s license and is comfortable driving materials to concert venues; and
- The ability to work well in a team environment and on multiple projects
Compensation from low-to-mid-40’s, commensurate with experience. Hours are full-time mostly during business hours, with occasional evening events and weekend performances.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and desire to fill this position: info (at) bachconsort.org with “Patron Services Associate” in subject before January 31. We encourage early applications, as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please. The Bach Consort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.