Part-Time Staff Position
Overview of Position
The Washington Bach Consort, one of the nation’s premiere baroque chorus and orchestras, is committed to the study and performance of the works of J. S. Bach and his contemporaries, seeks an Artistic Administrator.
2019 is an exciting time for the Consort. Now under the leadership of our new Artistic Director, Dana Marsh, we have moved into a beautiful new office at Metro Center, are completing a successful fundraising campaign, and continue to grow our award-winning artistic and educational programs. We have expanded staff, recently hiring new Development and Patron Services positions and are excited to create a staff position for an Artistic Administrator.
The Artistic Administrator coordinates all music and educational events, serves as a liaison between the Consort’s musicians and the artistic and administrative staff. They will report to the Artistic Director and Executive Director as needed, the position requires a strategic, but practical, thinker who can work both independently and as part of a small team.
- Ensure that the scheduling and production of all music and educational events (concerts, rehearsals, special events described below) run smoothly, effectively, and in a financially responsible manner.
- Plan rehearsals and concert production activities; attend all performances and rehearsals.
- Stage manage dress rehearsal and performance.
- Develop and monitor budgets for all production and related activities in consultation with ED, AD and Artistic Committee.
- Prepare and maintain payroll, records, and scheduling for musicians.
- Obtain and organize all music needed for performances and supply it to musicians 30 days in advance of first rehearsal.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements with all venues, contractors and musicians.
- Assist in completing event programs.
Promote positive relations between WBC’s musicians and artistic and administrative staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Highly skilled with Excel, Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop, manage budgets and multiple projects simultaneously
- Background in orchestral and choral music desirable
Compensation $35,000 to $39,000 based on experience, plus health insurance, paid time off other benefits. Approximately 28 hours per week, more during performance weeks.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and desire to fill this position: info (at) bachconsort.org with “Artistic Administrator” in subject before May 13. We encourage early applications, as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please. The Consort – now in its 41st season – is an Equal Opportunity Employer.