Patron Services Associate
Full-time, Non-Exempt Position
Overview of Position
The Washington Bach Consort, the nation’s premiere baroque orchestra committed to the study and performance of the complete works of Johann Sebastian Bach and his contemporaries, seeks a full-time Patron Services Associate to join our growing team.
2018 has been an exciting year for the Consort, with the announcement of a new Artistic Director, Dana Marsh, a move to a beautiful new office at Metro Center, opportunities for staff expansion and growth, moving forward with a successful fundraising campaign, and continuing to grow our award-winning artistic and educational programs.
Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the Patron Services Associate requires a tech-savvy and customer service-oriented professional with a great phone manner and strong written communication skills.
The Patron Services Associate administers the Consort’s box office and ticketing functions and serves as the primary point of contact for subscribers, single ticket buyers, and guests attending the Consort’s performances and events to ensure that a positive patron experience at every event. The position is additionally responsible for coordinating logistics at musical events.
- Process all subscriber and single ticket sales received by phone, mail and online;
- Enter financial transactions into Patron Manager, including tickets, subscriptions, donations, earned revenue, etc.;
- Maintain box office supplies and equipment, advising on purchases as necessary;
- Maintain Patron Manager database with updated contact information and activities; generate mailing lists as requested by the Director of External Affairs;
- Run front-of house for concerts, education programs and relevant events. Create systems and maintain checklists to transport and set up box office, concessions, and merchandise;
- Lead on-site box office for day-of ticket buyers at all performances and coordinate day-of volunteer support as necessary;
- Provide assistance with donor reports, mailings, and special events, as requested;
- Under direction of the Director of External Affairs, manage annual subscription campaign communications, and coordinate communications for group sales; and
- Draft and edit patron communications, including developing event programs using Microsoft Publisher or other design software.
Other Duties, as assigned:
- Provide exemplary customer service to Consort donors and patrons via phone and email correspondence;
- Cross-train with the Development Coordinator to provide back-up development duties; and
- Additional administrative functions, clerical assistance, helping to prepare mailings, maintain office supplies, and coordinate vendors.
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years experience with patrons and/or donors in a ticketing, box office, fundraising, or sales environment is helpful, but not required;
- A background in classical music or performing arts organizations also helpful;
- Knowledge of CRM software (PatronManager/SalesForce experience) is preferred;
- Experience managing budgets and financial transactions;
- Excellent written communication skills, with copy editing experience preferred;
- Must be deadline- and detail-oriented, with friendly phone manner and excellent customer service skills;
- Has the ability to lift up to 25 pounds;
- Has a driver’s license and is comfortable driving materials to concert venues; and
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Hours are full-time mostly during business hours, with occasional evening events and weekend performances. Compensation from low- to mid-40’s, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and desire to fill this position: info (at) bachconsort.org with “Patron Services Associate” in subject before December 10. We encourage early applications, as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please. The Bach Consort – now in its 41st season – is an Equal Opportunity Employer.